Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Light Painting

I still have 2 photo's to take for my Light & Form project in class and I'm kinda freaking out. But then again, I tend to overthink things. ALOT. And I'm a terrible perfectionist. I've been getting inspired by some light painting pictures and found a really amazing photographer, in fact he is one of the top 18 light painters in the world!
For anyone who doesn't know what that is, Light Painting is when you place your SLR camera on a tripod and set it on a long exposure in a dark room or place and you walk in front of the camera with your lights and while the picture is exposing, you "paint" with flashlights, light sabers, Christmas lights, LED'S, and just about anything else you can think of. Even fireworks!

His name is Dana Maltby, check out his Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twincitiesbrightest/

No comments:

Post a Comment